What is happiness? These countries seem to have the answer
What makes a happy country?
Is it their economy? Health system? Employment rates?
Recently a group of experts including economists, neuroscientists, and statisticians released their fourth world happiness report aiming to answer these questions and distinguish which country tops the ladder.
According to their findings Denmark tops the list as the happiest of all followed closely by Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Finland, Canada, and the Netherlands.
So what is it that makes these countries so happy?
Key factors included:
1) Mindfulness, allowing joy into your life
2) Access to necessary material resources
3) Being stimulated by work
4) Personal freedom
5) Positive governance
6) Finding a positive social group and quality time with family/friends
Here is a graphic of the 30 happiest countries:
World Happiness Report 2016
For the full world happiness report click here
Latest posts by Michael Yardney (see all)
- Is Brisbane about to become the playground for China? - December 23, 2017
- Many of our richest households are in mortgage stress - November 29, 2017
- Here’s what will underpin Sydney and Melbourne property markets - November 22, 2017